Company reserves the right to change this Policy from time to time. Company will notify you about significant changes in the way it treats personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your account, by placing a prominent notice on this Website, and by updating any privacy information on this page. Your continued use of the Website and or Services available through this Website after such modifications will constitute your: (a) acknowledgment of the modified Policy; and (b) your agreement to abide and be bound by that Policy.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please feel free to contact Company at email@example.com.
- Information Collected
In order to better provide you with products and services, we may collect two types of information about you: Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) and Aggregate Information.
- Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that lets Company know the specifics of who you are. When you engage in certain activities on this Website, such as registering for an account, downloading or purchasing a product or service, submitting content and/or posting content in the user forums, or sending Company feedback, Company may ask you to provide certain information about yourself.
Examples of PII may include your first and last name, email address, mailing address (including zip code), employer, job title and department, telephone and facsimile numbers, and other identifying information. When ordering products or services on the Website, you may be asked to provide a credit card number.
- Aggregate Information: This refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. Company gathers certain information about you based upon where you visit on the Website and what other sites may have directed you to Company. This information, which is collected in a variety of different ways, is compiled and analyzed on both a personal and an aggregated basis. This information may include the Website’s Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) that points to the site you just came from, which URL you go to after visiting our Site, what browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
- How Company Collects and Uses Information
Company does not collect any PII about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain PII to us when you elect to use certain products or services available on the Website. These may include: (a) registering for an account on our Site; (b) entering a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by us or one of our partners; (c) signing up for special offers from selected third parties; (d) sending us an email message; (e) submitting a form or transmitting other information by telephone or letter; or (e) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services on our Site.
When processing certain information, such as payment information with affiliated banking institutions or payment processors, we encrypt the transaction, using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology, in order to prevent your PII from being stolen or intercepted.
Additionally, your credit card information [is never stored on our servers or is encrypted and stored on a restricted-access database that is away from our main Site and only accessible by authorized users.]
Company may also collect certain Aggregate Information. For example, Company may use your IP address to diagnose problems with its servers, software, to administer the Website and to gather demographic information. Company’s third-party advertising partners may also provide Company with aggregate, but not individual, reports that will tell us how many ads were presented and clicked upon at its Website.
Company may also use an outside advertising partner to display banner advertisements on the Website. As part of its service, it may place a separate cookie on your computer. Company will not provide any third-party advertising partners with any of your PII or information about your purchases. Company and its third-party ad server may collect and use Aggregate Information about you, such as your IP address, browser type, the server your computer is logged onto, the area code and zip code associated with your server and whether you responded to a particular ad. Other advertisers may also place banner ads on this Website in the same manner as above, but Company will not disclose any PII to them.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some aspects of the Website may not function properly if you elect to disable cookies.
- Release of Information
Company will not sell, trade, or rent your PII to others. Company does provide some of our product and service offerings through contractual arrangements made with affiliates, service providers, partners and other third parties (“Service Partners”). Company and its Service Partners may need to use some PII in order to perform tasks between our respective sites, or to deliver products or services to you. For example, Company must release your credit card information to the card-issuing bank to confirm payment for products and services purchased on this Website; release your address information to the delivery service to deliver products that you ordered; and provide order information to third parties that help Company provide customer service.
Occasionally, Company may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide PII to the appropriate governmental authorities. In such cases, Company will disclose PII upon receipt of a court order, subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation. Company will fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use its services for illegal activities. Company reserves the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that Company in good faith believes to be unlawful.
Company may also provide Aggregate Information about its customers’ sales, traffic patterns, and related Website information to third party advertisers, but these statistics do not include any Personally Identifiable Information.
- Updating and Correcting Information
Company believes you should have the ability to access and edit the PII that you have provided to it. You may change any of your PII in your account online at any time by linking to your account in accordance with instructions posted elsewhere on this Website. You may also access and correct your personal information and privacy preferences by emailing or writing Company at:
Starco Impex, Inc.
2710 South 11th Street
Beaumont, TX 77701
Please include your name, address, and/or email address when you contact Company. Company encourages you to promptly update your PII if it changes. You may ask to have the information on your account deleted or removed; however, some information, such as past transactions, logs of technical support calls, or other information may not be deleted. In addition, it may be impossible to completely delete your information without some residual information because of backups.
- User Choices on Collection and Use of Information
Company may, from time to time, send you email regarding new products and services that it feels may interest you. In addition, if you indicated upon registration that you are interested in receiving offers or information from Company and its partners, Company may occasionally call or send you direct mail about products and services that may be of interest to you. Only Company (or agents working on behalf of Company and under confidentiality agreements) will send you these solicitations, and only if you have previously indicated that you wish to receive them. If you do not want to receive solicitations from Company, you can “opt-out” by [insert procedure here].
You also have choices with respect to cookies, as described above. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies some parts of this Website may not work properly in your case.
- Security of PII
Be assured that your PII is secure, consistent with current industry standards. Company strives to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of your PII. For example:
- Company encrypts all PII in order to prevent unauthorized parties from viewing such information when it is transmitted to Company. We also only keep collected information only for as long as reasonably necessary and use it only for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
- Company limits access to PII only to specific employees, contractors and agents who have a reasonable need to interact with your information. For example, Company may provide members of its technical support team with limited access to your account in order to allow them to troubleshoot problems you may be having with the Site.
- Additionally, Company also employs a number of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect PII. Company’s secure servers and data centers are protected by industry-standard encryption, and servers reside behind firewalls and employ high-level password protection.
- Finally, access by you to your PII is available through a password and unique customer ID selected by you. This password is encrypted. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone.
In order to most effectively serve you, credit card transactions and order fulfillment are handled by established third party banking institutions and processing agents (such as PayPal). They receive the information needed to verify and authorize your credit card or other payment information and to process and ship your order.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while Company strives to protect your PII, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and Company through this Website cannot be guaranteed.
You must be at least eighteen (18) years old to have Company’s permission to use its Website. Company’s policy is that it does not knowingly collect, use or disclose PII about minor visitors.
You should also be aware that when PII is voluntarily disclosed (i.e. your name, email address, etc.) in the discussion forums or other public areas on this Website, that information, along with any information disclosed in your communication, can be collected and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages (including unwanted spam messages) from third parties. Such activities are beyond Company’s control and this Policy does not apply to such information. Please consult Company’s Terms and Conditions for Website conduct policies.
Starco Impex, Inc.
2710 South 11th Street
Beaumont, TX 77701